Delicious Vegan Breakfast Muffin Recipe
We recently teamed up with the guys at Anastasia's Panty to spread the word about Food Waste Awareness Day!
Our team highly recommend you trying our delicious vegan breakfast muffin recipe that helps you reduce food waste.
- 300g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g light brown sugar
- 250ml oat milk
- Flax seed egg (or egg substitute)
- 100g vegan butter, melted
- 125g of Crispy Winter's morning Granola by Anastasia’s Pantry (this is instead of adding raisins, nuts and oats separately)
- A whole bar of Happi chocolate of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a muffin tray with reusable muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and then stir in the sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat milk, egg substitute and melted butter, then pour into the dry ingredients and quickly mix together. Stir in the granola and chopped up chocolate.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cases and sprinkle the top of each with the granola and chocolate shavings
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffins comes out clean. Leave to cool for five minutes in the tin before serving warm or at room temperature.
Add chopped overripe banana, berries or any other fruit for more flavour and less waste, simply add to the muffin mix 🫐🥝🌿
Top Tip: Take a photograph of your muffins and tag @happifreefrom on Facebook and Instagram and we will include you on our official story!